|Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator
TFM is a 501c (4) nonprofit organization operating three farmers markets in the Tacoma metropolitan area. The staff at TFM includes a full time Executive Director and Market Operations Manager and several seasonal employees. The Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager. This is a part time, seasonal nonexempt position.
The primary role of the Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator (OVC) is to build and maintain relationships within TFM market communities. Responsibilities include coordinating market volunteers, special events, market tastings and fostering community participation and awareness about the markets. The OVC oversees and coordinates the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and scheduling of volunteer workers. Ensures that the activities of the volunteer workers meet the needs of the Tacoma Farmers Markets by guiding them in market set up, break down and other operational functions on market day. They also perform oversight of customer counts being taken at each hour at all markets. The OVC conducts store room inventory and organization regularly.
This position requires someone with strong interpersonal and customer service skills, an outgoing personality, an ability to work under time pressures, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to think on their feet. Organizational skills are critical. Knowledge of market communities useful but not required. Computer literacy in Word, Outlook and Excel a must.
- Attend relevant neighborhood association meetings and network within communities
- Build relationships in market communities and develop community connections
- Lead group tours at the Broadway market
- Schedule community booths at markets
- Develop, train, and retain market volunteers
- Schedule and supervise volunteer staff with TFM Markets set-up and tear-down, chef demo and information booths
- Schedule and supervise volunteers for special projects and special events (fundraisers, market day special events and other outreach events)
Market Special Events
- Organize and coordinate special events (with assistance from Market Mangers)
- Chef demo support and Chef/Producer coordination
- Provide support for fundraising events
- Create press releases to support market events
- Post flyers and posters around market neighborhoods
- Post market e-news
- Create and maintain a media log and clipping scrapbook
- Create and maintain system for filing market photos
To apply, please contact Cayenne: firstname.lastname@example.org