Our rapidly growing Appalachian charcuterie project, Woodlands Pork, is looking for a Farm Manager to run daily operations at our primary breeding facility, Black Oak Holler Farm. This is an opportunity to work closely with Dr. Chuck Talbott (widely regarded as the father of pastured pork on the E. coast), the agricultural director of what has been described by Chef David Varley as ‘the best artisanal product in America’. Woodlands Pork is committed to developing an American ham with an unique character that represents our Appalachian terroir. A ham with a character as deep as the finest in Europe. Applicants should have direct hands-on experience with livestock farming, and preferably have an interest in forestry. Tractor skills needed. Black Oak Holler Farm is a free-range, forest-fed hog farm in Mason Co. WV. On offer is $2000/mo plus accommodation in a completely, newly renovated farmhouse. There is pasture available for a horse and goats, and plenty of garden space for vegetables. Very beautiful natural scenery in the Kanawha River valley. This is a ‘ground-floor’ chance to join a great, friendly team of committed people, and a rapidly developing project at the cutting edge of American Gastronomy and Sustainable Agriculture. Please remit applications, with references and resumes to Nicholas Heckett at email@example.com.
List a Job!
If you have a job listing that you would like posted on the site, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll spread the word through e-mail, Twitter and Facebook... for free!
A Dollar Will Do
- General Blog Updates (26)
- Openings by Location (1,439)
- Openings by Type (1,638)
- Florida: Earth Learning seeks Office Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/nk2TXz 5 years ago
- NYC: @NYUsteinhardt seeks Food Systems Visiting Professor! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qPukLG 5 years ago
- California: Monterey Bay Aquarium seeks Seafood Watch Partnership Program Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/oe4Htt 5 years ago
- Massachusetts: Red Tomato seeks Intern! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qIUxWh 5 years ago
- California: Slide Ranch seeks Ranch Steward! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qcfo9v 5 years ago