|THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Independent Contractor Position Opening – Tilth Producers Quarterly Editor
Tilth Producers of Washington is seeking an independent contractor to produce the Tilth Producers Quarterly journal. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to:email@example.com. Preferred start date April 15; position open until filled.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Excellent computer graphic design skills
- Good ‘people skills’
- Reliable broadband email and internet accessibility
- Knowledge and interest in organic and sustainable agriculture and family farm issues
- Journalistic experience preferred
- Ability to work both independently and with a journal committee
- Formats a publication of at least 20 pages per quarter (including advertising supplied by Tilth Producers Advertising Salesperson).
- Ensures the publication is printed and mailed to members on a timely basis.
- Solicits, researches and writes articles of interest to organic farmers.
- Refines and edits articles written by paid and volunteer contributing writers
- Includes adequate variety to appeal to a diverse group in background and experience.
- Performs all layout and graphics functions
- Coordinates with the ad sales person to ensure ad copy is correct and received in a timely manner.
- Coordinates writing of articles by regular and occasional contributing writers
- Serves as a liaison between staff and printer to publish and to supply an updated mailing list of members each quarter; mails extra copies to the Tilth Producers office for distribution
- Maintains both a computer and hard copy archive of past issues.
- Coordinates with the website maintenance person to supply appropriate journal information for the website.
- Is encouraged to participate in Tilth Producers activities so as to better understand and serve its members.
All articles and layouts created become the property of Tilth Producers of Washington and will be utilized in print and online.
$1,200.00 per journal issue, invoiced upon completion of each issue. This is not an employee position; we are seeking a self-employed independent contractor. No withholding, no benefits. Some expenses are reimbursable.