Reports to: Greater Birmingham Community Food Partners Co-Chairs
Hours: 25 hours per week through Dec. 31, 2011
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; experience in policy, community development, community research methods; sustainable food systems policy and/or advocacy experience a plus.
1. Develop and launch Birmingham-Jefferson Food Policy Council by:
- Finalizing communications and presentation materials to effectively communicate the council’s purpose, need and value.
- Engaging political, business and community leadership through one-on-one meetings, group presentations and discussions.
- Managing recruitment, application and selection process to convene council.
2. Assist with planning of food systems programming for Health Action Summit, August 2011.
3. Manage daily operations of GBCFP, including internal and external communications, meeting facilitation, website, blog and listserv maintenance.
4. Provide administrative and logistical support to the GBCFP Steering Committee.
- Excellent relationship building, communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Self-directed and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work respectfully among individuals with diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of camaraderie and cooperation among diverse community and political stakeholders
- Travel May 19-21 to Community Food Security Coalition’s food policy conference in Portland, OR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database creation and management
Application Deadline: April 15 or until position is filled
Please send cover letter and resume to:
c/o Magic City Harvest
PO Box 11292
Birmingham, AL 35202