Wholesome Wave programs nourish neighborhoods by supporting increased production and access to healthful, fresh and affordable locally grown food for the well-being of all. Our partnership-based initiatives serve food deserts of historically excluded urban and rural communities. DVCP, currently running in 146 farm-to-retail venues in 20 states, increases the impact of federal nutrition benefits by incentivizing community members to purchase healthful foods, while increasing revenue streams for local farms. FVRx, a pilot program for 2011, measures the effects of increased consumption of fresh produce on health; the goal is to improve health outcomes by providing families at-risk for diet-related diseases such as diabetes and obesity with the resources to increase fresh produce consumption.
The Program Associate will play a key role in expanding and strengthening Wholesome Wave Nourishing Neighborhood programming efforts.
· Act as a first point of contact for all program partners across the WW network (projected 50+ community-based organizations across 24 states in 2011).
· Field general inquiries about all WW programs.
· Provide technical assistance to partners as they implement Nourishing Neighborhoods programs in areas to include, but not limited to, data collection, outreach, budget management, and surveys.
· Perform baseline community research in support of Director of Community Integration.
· Maintain up to date records (in hard copy and electronic database as appropriate) of all partner program activities, including contracts, strategic action plans, grant distribution, communications with WW, and innovative opportunities to share with the WW network/learning community.
· Organize and schedule webinars and conferences with partners.
· Support development activities as needed, such as gathering partner stories, facilitating flip cam activities and creating the annual report.
· Act as lead in maintaining WW’s partner database and Google site.
· Organize regional and national convenings, with direction from executive committee and program directors.
· Support Program Manager in development of partner strategic action plans and ensuring WW/partner roles are implemented, particularly data collection.
· Directly manage activities of intern(s) as applicable.
All programming staff is responsible for sharing innovative program activities with Programs team for national replication opportunities. In all activities, the Program Associate will work to ensure that the design, implementation and analysis of programming is structurally sound and empowers the community members and farmers they are designed to serve.
1. A strong track record of a interest in, or experience working with, sustainable food systems, underserved populations and at-risk consumers, and/or agriculture.
2. Experience cultivating a network of academic, business, and foundation contacts with interests in sustainable food systems and underserved populations.
3. A proven ability to overcome work silos by linking people and activities from different disciplines such as social services, health, sustainability, economic development and agriculture.
4. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
5. Extensive organizational and project management skills, including the ability to coordinate and work in multidisciplinary teams
6. The flexibility to lead or follow under different circumstances, including leadership skills and teamwork skills.
7. A willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and contribute as needed to advance the program.
8. A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent credentials)
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send a resume and brief cover letter to Skye Cornell at email@example.com by April 8, 2010.
Learn more about Wholesome Wave at www.wholesomewave.org