Madison County, New York has an active and progressive Agricultural Economic Development (AED) program, with a mission to maintain, develop, and promote a viable agricultural economy that benefits Madison County. Through the AED program, we aim to enhance the profitability of Madison County farmers by assisting in the identification and development of markets that will diversify and add value to our County’s agricultural product line. Current projects include a dairy processing venture, a local-farm-to-consumer distribution network, the development of a “beverage trail”, the fourth annual “Buy Local Week” and County-wide Open Farm Day, and an Agricultural Revolving Loan Fund for value-added projects.
Position requirements: Master’s degree in agricultural economics, marketing, business management or finance, public policy or related field. Prefer several years of business experience or professional experience dealing with the public or private sectors of the agriculture industry.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to plan, manage, and implement projects and/or educational programs.
· Demonstrated ability to: provide leadership, supervision and guidance to a variety of groups and individuals including staff and volunteers; and to lead and participate effectively in professional team efforts.
· Experience with and knowledge of the challenges facing agriculture locally and in New York State.
· Demonstrated initiative, reliability, dependability and flexibility.
· Ability and willingness to work effectively with a variety of groups, agencies and individuals and to establish and maintain networks.
· Excellent verbal, written and technology communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to secure and administer grants and contracts, and agribusiness loans.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
· Must have regular access to transportation and the ability to travel to the extent necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately and until an acceptable pool of applicants has been identified. Closing date for resumes is May 13, 2011.
Send letter of intent, resume, and transcripts to PA# 547, Box 26, Kennedy Hall, Cornell U, Ithaca, NY 14853.
**Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://cce.cornell.edu/learnAbout/Pages/pa547.aspx
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an equal opportunity employer.