The Bloomington Winter Farmers Market and the Local Growers Guild are accepting applications for the position of Market Master for the 2011/2012 season. The duties of the Market Master include:
· Attending and assuring the smooth operation of all Markets during the season (December
· Aiding in recruitment of vendors; communicating with vendors
· Accepting applications from vendors and assigning vendor spaces
· Being aware of Market policies and ensuring vendor compliance
· Serving as the Market’s liaison to the Market site representative and to the Health Department
· Working and communicating with the Advisory Committee and Local Growers Guild staff on matters of policy, administration, and operations
Maintaining records on vendor and customer attendance
Supervising market volunteers
Promoting the market through all applicable media
o working with the President of the Advisory Committee to set committee meeting agendas
o working with the Treasurer of the Advisory Committee to assure that financial procedures are followed
This position is seasonal, but will require some time commitment for planning and preparation outside of the actual Market season. (Total time commitment per year is approximately 350 hours.) Salary – $4,000/season.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in local food culture and be able to work independently. He or she must be computer literate and have the ability and capability to work at home. Additionally, the Market Master will be comfortable solving problems and dealing with both vendors and the Market Advisory Committee.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume by April 30, 2011, to: