Internship positions are un-paid, but would be a great working experience. Interns would also be able to take home remaining shares that are left at the end of the day.
About Local Roots NYC:
Local Roots is dedicated to making local and fresh produce more accessible to New York City residents and aims to reconnect people with their farmers and their food. We do this through an innovative CSA program, education, and community building.
The Distribution Intern will directly assist the Program Director at weekly distributions.
– Ensure delivery of products are correct
– Assist CSA members in picking up shares
– Learn about products and the farms we work with to convey information to members
– Passionate about local agriculture
– Organized and pays close attention to detail
– Easy going personality and enthusiastic to learn
– Excellent customer service and communication skills
– Must feel comfortable speaking with others
– A minimum of 4 hours per week is required for this internship. Applicants must be available during distribution days for either any of our locations.
Applications should send a brief cover letter and resume to LocalRootsNYC@gmail.com with “internship” as the subject title.