HAWTHORNE VALLEY FARM DAIRY, Ghent NY an artisanal producer of certified organic cow’s milk cheeses and yogurts, seeks qualified production staff to assist with all aspects of daily production of artisan and farmstead cheeses and yogurt. This position works in conjunction with the Dairy Manager and dairy team.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in working in a food production environment and in food safety and sanitation
- Knowledge of the basic principles of cheesemaking highly preferred
- Ability to operate dairy equipment, machinery and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and to start work at 4:00am daily
- A passion and commitment for wholesome, organic food production
- Time management skills and the ability to multi-task
Hawthorne Valley Farm is a diversified farm set on 400 acres that includes a sixty cow dairy herd, a 12-acre market garden, full-line natural foods store, dairy processing plant, CSA program, Bakery and Sauerkraut Cellar. Our farm runs farmers markets at the Union Square and Inwood green markets in New York city. The farm is located in Harlemville, NY about 35 miles southeast of Albany, 20 minutes from Hudson, New York and the Southern Berkshires of Massachusetts and 2.5 hours from New York City.
Please visit www.hawthornevalleyfarm.org to learn more about our farm. This is a full-time, permanent position; hourly wage is negotiable and based on experience, excellent benefits package. Position is available immediately, EOE, please send resume to, email@example.com