Farm Description: Skyline Farm is a 1.5+ acre production vegetable farm growing exclusively for Meriwether’s Restaurant using organic practices. The farm is located northwest of Portland, OR on NW Skyline Blvd just north of Cornelius Pass Rd. We are a farm crew of four during the main season, June-October. We are energetic, entertaining, hard-working folks with many years of combined farm experience.
Dates: Position requires a commitment from May 30th through the end of November. If interested there is the potential to stay on over the winter and work through the next season.
Schedule: The schedule is 3 days/week – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Work generally starts between 630-8am and ends between 5-6pm. We take a mid-morning break and a lunch. During June-September we generally work 10 or more hours per day while working fewer hours October-May. Occasionally longer hours may be required and the schedule is subject to change.
– Harvesting a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, and flowers
– Fieldwork (seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigating, trapping, etc.)
– Washing and packing produce
– Propagating plants in the greenhouse
– Potential for tractor work if there is prior experience
– Other duties as assigned
– One year of production farm experience or equivalent required
– Understanding of farming systems
– Responsible and reliable
– Efficient and hard-working
– Ability to work in all weather conditions
– Ability to accept constructive criticism
– Ability to lift 60 lbs
– Observant and inquisitive
– Sense of humor
– Ability to work well alone and with others
Other info: There is potential for carpooling to work depending on starting location. The crew and manager are always open to questions that will further employees’ agricultural knowledge.
Contact: Danny Percich, Farm Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Send brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application deadline: May 15th, 2011