This will be the first official ‘Growing’ class of Grow For America and with it will come very interesting challenges and chances to learn. This organization is about two things: people and sustainable food.
This position is selecting highly motivated college sophomores, juniors and seniors for a summer position working on an organic farm selected by GFA. Our goal is to put the most talented college students in a position to learn and have the most impact on the organic farming industry. The summer is just the beginning.
- Work on a farm in a 10-12 week program
- Think farm first and exceed expectations
- Blog at least once each week about the experience
- Work with and support the other classmates in the GFA program
- Give input to the direction and formation of Grow For America
- Think entrepreneurially about the farm and growing the network to drive revenue for the farm
- Problem solver that is great with people from varying cultures
- Sense of adventure
- Interest in organic farming
- Interest is multimedia blogging
- Interest in business and entrepreneurship
- Desire to have an impact on the farming industry and how we eat
Send your resume along with a cover letter and a writing sample firstname.lastname@example.org . In your cover letter please include an answer to the following questions:
- How do you think interning on an organic farm through this program will help you professionally?
- In the classic farmer in the dell song, where does the cheese stand?
- In 140 characters what do you think the biggest challenge facing the organic food movement is?