An urban farm is seeking an assistant for an 8-week, full-time Summer VISTA Associate position. The position will develop and manage a medium-scale composting operation on the farm, as well as other soil and waste management issues. The integrated system will utilize windrows, front-end loaders, vermiculture, passive aeration, pallets, and other techniques. Responsibilities include: procuring composting sources, developing systems of quality control and soil analysis, and assisting in writing an operational manual for future farm staff. The compost assistant will also work on the farm with other farm operations one day per week. Applicants should be creative, self-motivated and organized, and have excellent communication and writing skills. Experience in soil and compost is highly recommended. All positions will occur June-August, and are compensated with a bi-weekly Americorps stipend as well as an educational award paid at the end of the term. Applicants must be 18 or over. Please e-mail a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the e-mail subject line.
List a Job!
If you have a job listing that you would like posted on the site, please send it to email@example.com. We'll spread the word through e-mail, Twitter and Facebook... for free!
A Dollar Will Do
- General Blog Updates (26)
- Openings by Location (1,439)
- Openings by Type (1,638)
- Florida: Earth Learning seeks Office Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/nk2TXz 5 years ago
- NYC: @NYUsteinhardt seeks Food Systems Visiting Professor! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qPukLG 5 years ago
- California: Monterey Bay Aquarium seeks Seafood Watch Partnership Program Manager! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/oe4Htt 5 years ago
- Massachusetts: Red Tomato seeks Intern! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qIUxWh 5 years ago
- California: Slide Ranch seeks Ranch Steward! Sustainable Food Jobs: http://bit.ly/qcfo9v 5 years ago