APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 30th, 2011
LOCATION: Community based Farmer’s Markets, Community and Faith-based organizations in NYC areas: Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. (For further information you can go to our website)
TERM: June- November WAGE CATEGORY: Hourly ($12/hr)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and facilitate the daily set-up of farmers and vendors at the market location.
- Ensure that the site is maintained clean prior to opening and at the close of the market day. If needed the Site Monitor should assist in clearing debris from area to facilitate set-up of farmers and vendors.
- Enforce market documentation requirements, stall assignments and grievance procedures as outlined in the “Market Operating Procedures.”
- Review each farmer’s crop plan to ensure that farmers are in compliance with the market growing policy.
- Provide direct assistance to farmers and customers at the market site as needed.
- Work with farmers to help maximize revenue opportunities and ensure compliance. Take ownership of market and foster a sense of pride in the community.
- Submit produce inventory, farmer and vendor attendance reports monthly on the last Saturday of every month.
- Oversee EBT operations and prepare and submit reports daily and monthly at locations where EBT is offered.
- Maintain safe-keeping of all market supplies included but not limited to: reporting forms, signs, banners, flyers, etc. provided by Harvest Home Farmers Market. Reports to: Operations Manager
· Knowledge of the community and stakeholders
· Reliable and willing to commit to the entire market season
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Some knowledge of harvesting season and regional produce preferred but not necessary
· Must be a fast learner
· Must be flexible for schedule changes, which may include weekends and weekdays
· Ability to work from both home and office as assigned
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line “Market Site Monitor” Please provide your phone number. No phone calls please.