APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled (multiple positions available)
LOCATION: Community based Farmer’s Markets, Community and Faith-based organizations in NYC areas: Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. (For further information you can go to our website)
TERM: Summer (June-October) 9:00am – 3:00pm.Winter (November-May). Non-paid; may be eligible for fieldwork credit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Students will be recruited and trained to work as Community Food Educators at the farmer’s markets conducting cooking demonstrations using produce obtained from markets.
- Going out to different farmer’s market during the months of July-October, planning events, marketing and data collection through surveys and participating in nutrition education workshops during the winter months. (Credits for field study hours can be applied)
- Possess an interest in making a difference with respect to nutrition, while having a passion for food accessibility and healthy food choices
- Preferably college or graduate students with some nutrition background (college coursework in nutrition preferred)
- Willingness to travel throughout NYC and to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Bilingual preferred; Spanish-speaking a plus
- Flexible schedule, including weekends
- Reliable and dependable
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include in the subject line “Nutrition Intern.” Please provide your phone number. No phone calls please.
WHY PARTICIPATE: This is a great hands-on learning experience where you can learn by doing community nutrition in NYC’s underserved communities as well as a great networking opportunity in the field. As an intern of HHFM, you would be able to provide nutrition education for residents to eat healthier and increase their intake of nutrients and fiber rich fruits and vegetables.