Meet some of our favorite growers and producers who exemplify successful and sustainable farming techniques and connect them to the public at large.
Description: Each summer, Fair Food runs 5 or 6 farm tours from June – October. This is a wonderful chance for our customers, staff, volunteers and constituents to learn directly from the farmer, and have a great day on the farm! We provide a light buffet lunch, highlighting products from the farm we are visiting.
Fair Food is seeking an intern to work a minimum of 20 hours per week from May – September. Some weekend hours will be required based on the Farm Tour schedule. The intern will receive a small stipend of $1000 as well as the employee discount at the Farmstand.
Start Date: May 15
End Date: September 15
Job Responsibilities: Working under the direction of Fair Food’s Outreach and Communication Director, Christina Dowd, the intern will perform the following tasks in support of the Farm Tours, including but not limited to:
Scheduling tours with farmers and producers; creating event budgets; mapping tours to multiple sites and create driving directions; promoting farm tours through online event postings, emails and flyers; transporting food to event site; and collecting fees from participants. The intern may also be required to perform general office tasks including data entry/management, copying, filing, faxing, mailings, and occasional representation of Fair Food in local events.
Must be available weekends
- Ability to effectively self-direct while working under deadlines
– Experience in event coordination
- Experience in creating and adhering to project budgets
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Strong verbal / telephone communications skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Current drivers license and preferably own car
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database software, and social media / marketing tools
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please, no calls.
Fair Food is dedicated to bringing local food to the marketplace, and promoting a humane sustainable agriculture system for our region. Learn more atwww.fairfoodphilly.org
Fair Food is an equal opportunity employer.