|Title: Regional Marketing Manager|
|Reports To: Relationship Marketing Director|
|Department: Marketing||Date Updated: 3/18/11|
The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for ensure that the overall Organic Valley/Organic Prairie marketing strategy is implemented successfully and modified as needed to accommodate key market dynamics, or key account parameters and opportunities. This role helps to define strategies and create high-impact retail and regional marketing programs that positively contribute to and build the cooperative’s brand sales and equity. The Regional Marketing Manager serves as a lead on the CROPP Regional Marketing Initiative, facilitating the development of regional marketing plans, and overseeing Regional Marketing Coordinators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Ensure compliance with policies, safety procedures and fair employment practices.
- Working closely with the Executive Marketing & Sales team, drive the development, sell-in, and execution of retail-specific marketing programs.
- Serve as lead on regional market task forces by providing direction, input, review and evaluation of regional marketing plans.
- Establish objectives specific to each regional market and monitor progress and set quarterly objectives for Regional Marketing Coordinators.
- Develop reporting processes for Regional Marketing Coordinators to facilitate work flow, and ensure regular, thorough, and timely stakeholder communications between Organic Valley headquarters and regions.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining marketing-to-marketing relationships with key customers; understand and communicate their dynamics; specifically customer philosophy, shopper demographics, competition, and business goals.
- Establish excellent relationships with Sales and Marketing teams to act as a liaison with regard to regional initiatives and product-specific campaigns; ensure issues are surfaced and addressed to guarantee plans are optimized to achieve objectives.
- Communication of all marketing programming, follow-up and post analysis including return on investment (ROI) and updates to extended teams.
- Manage budget allocation and ROI analysis as it relates to effectiveness of regional plans and retail programs.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Sales team in protecting and promoting existing business through farmer-focused marketing programs, including Retail Education, Farm Tours, and related in-store activity, as well as opportunities to provide retailers with Organic Valley-generated content, such as farmer photos, nutritional information, and web and editorial content.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or Management required.
- Minimum of 5 years related Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) retail experience.
- Experience in developing and executing retailer-specific in-store marketing programs.
- Experienced in relationship management and retail interface.
- Excellent people management, communication and presentations skills.
- Detail-oriented and results focused.
- Adept at recognizing, adapting and responding to changing conditions with minimal direction.
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.