Marin Sun Farms seeks an organized individual to lead in the management and organization of its weekly markets. The Market Team Leader is responsible for daily operations of all year-round MSF markets. Experience and interest in local agriculture, food, community and the farmer’s market scene is highly recommended.
The successful candidate will be an effective and diplomatic leader with initiative and the ability to work independently as well as with a team of other staff members and customers. This is a full-time position that currently supervises four year-round farmer’s markets and provides all administrative functions to insure success!
- Reports to Point Reyes Station facility to facilitate and oversee market packing
- Drive to and from market sites and supervises the set-up, break-down and care of market equipment
- Provide all administrative functions and market logistics including weekly market offerings, deposits and financial records, market reports, packing lists, special orders
- Staff hiring, training and development
- Raise consumer and community awareness of MSF and our role within the local foodshed
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with market managers and seek out new markets and opportunities
- Perform other duties necessary to support the markets
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact and negotiation ability
- Clear and organized work habits, positive attitude, flexible
- Oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Able to work with minimal direction
- Skill in program development and management
- Solid computer skills, including Word & Excel
- Ability to collect and analyze data about the market
- Valid driver’s license and clean DMV record
- Knowledge of sustainable farming practices
- Physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds and stand on feet for multiple hours
Please send resumes in the body of an email (no attachments) to email@example.com and provide a brief description of why you are qualified and should be considered for the position.