It’s a great way to get out into the community, spend some quality time with farmers markets, and get to know what goes on at Mass Farmers Markets, including some of our great new projects that are working towards creating a more equitable, healthy, and sustainable food system.
- Sales, customer service, and\or outreach experience preferred
- Willingness to learn about MFM services and programs
- Friendly and outgoing people person
- Familiarity and passion for local\sustainable food
- Clear verbal communication style
- Access to reliable transportation so that you can be at the specified market on time (reliable transportation includes MBTA, Car, Bike, and\or walking depending upon where the market is located)
- Table at least one market a month for 2-3 hours (highly encouraged to travel to more markets if you can!)
- Engage shoppers and inform them about MFM’s programs
- Stay up to date on MFM’s role in the farmers market community and our various programs
- Report back to MFM about the market experience
If interested, please contact:
Intern and Volunteer Coordinator
Note: This is an unpaid volunteer position.