The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) works at the intersection of policy and practice to ensure fair and sustainable food, farm and trade systems, locally and globally. IATP has offices in Minneapolis and Washington. This position is based in Minneapolis.
IATP seeks a full-time Communications Assistant
- Handle IATP’s media tracking, monitoring and database maintenance.
- Produce Web, print and electronic communications content.
- Help with design, formatting, images, cataloguing and updating tasks.
- Provide service to IT/Communications on events and meetings.
- Produce Web usage reports.
- Assist team as necessary.
- Understanding of and experience working with In Design, Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated experience working on the Web and with HTML
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively to a diverse group of people
- Excellent written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines
- Understanding of and support for IATP’s perspectives generally
- Familiarity with IATP’s issues a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications. IATP offers good health insurance, vacation and sick leave benefits, employer contributions to pension for eligible employees, and a lively, collegial work environment.
Send resume, cover letter, a sample of writing on issues relevant to this job description, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2011.
IATP is an equal opportunity employer. We actively encourage people of color to apply for this position and all positions at IATP. This job description is posted on http://www.iatp.org/iatp/jobs.cfm