The Community Food Security Coalition is now accepting workshop and networking session proposals for the upcoming conference, “Food Justice: Honoring our Roots, Growing the Movement.” The conference will be held November 5 – 8, 2011 in Oakland, California.
Download the Request for Proposals: http://communityfoodconference.org/15/CFSC15_sessionRFP.pdf
Submit your proposal: http://bit.ly/CFSC15proposal
Proposal deadline: May 13, 2011
CFSC is seeking proposals for two session formats:
These sessions are skill building, educational, or informative in nature. We encourage a participatory approach, but presentations with adequate time for discussion are acceptable. Workshop tracks:
• Power, Race and Immigrants in the Food System
• Youth Changing the Food System
• Food Policy from Neighborhood to Nation
• Improving Access to Healthy Food
• Local – Global Connections
• Labor as a New Force in the Food Movement
• Get Cultured: Communications and Art for Food Justice
• The Food System – Public Health Interface
• The Unique Challenges and Solutions of Rural Food Systems
• Developing New Leaders in the Food Movement
• Urban Agriculture Practice and Policy
• Movement Building, From Panthers to Pitchforks
• Connecting Small Farmers and Limited Resource Consumers
• Other workshop topics will also be considered.
Facilitated discussions designed to engage participants in a discussion about a situation, challenge, or strategy. While there will be a facilitator, all participants are on equal footing. Presentations are not acceptable for networking sessions.