About Biodynamic Farming & Gardening Association
The Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association (BDA) is an association of individuals and organizations in North America who are committed to the transformation of the whole food system, from farmto table, and who draw inspiration from the spiritual-scientific insights of Rudolf Steiner. Biodynamics is aworldwide movement for the renewal of agriculture based on an understanding of the spiritual forces at workin nature and in human social life. From this understanding, a particular form of organic farming has beendeveloped that continues to grow and evolve around the world.
This half-time administrative position will help establish and maintain our new headquarters in Wisconsin.
- Handle accounts payable, accounts receivable and basic bookkeeping; produce financial reports
- Prepare bank deposits
2. Office management
- Oversee office equipment; order supplies; coordinate with vendors and service providers
- Organize and maintain Association’s filing system; maintain Association’s database
- Schedule use of meeting area and conference call line; represent Association to public
- Record all donations; prepare thank you letters to donors; assist with mailings.
- Maintain membership records; track all new memberships and renewals.
- Prepare membership renewal letters using mail merge
5. Administrative Support
- Support Executive Director and other staff as needed; take on projects as assigned.
- Direct inquiries to appropriate staff members
- Nonprofit bookkeeping experience; proficient with QuickBooks, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills; administrative and record management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel, email, internet, office equipment; mail merge experience
- Ability to organize workload, manage projects, and meet deadlines Good written and verbal English communication skills and
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, sense of humor and connection with mission preferred
Hours: 20 hours per week, min. 3 days/wk
Location: East Troy, WI (45 minutes southwest of Milwaukee, 20 minutes north of Lake Geneva)
Based upon experience, $12-15/hour
Benefits: Paid holidays and paid time off.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to Biodynamic Association, P.O. Box 944, East
Troy, WI 53120. No phone calls please.