FarmPlate is a dynamic early-stage business based in Hanover, NH, dedicated to sustainable eating. We’re looking for a handful of social media-savvy summer interns to help promote our online community (launching this summer) to farmers, fisherman, food artisans, restaurants, markets and eaters everywhere who love real foods.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with (and addiction to!) social networking
- Self-motivated, independent and driven
- Have completed at least one year of college/university
- Hungry to be part of a high-energy team passionate about real foods
- Currently living, eating, farming, studying and/or working in or near Hanover, NH
- Can commit 10 hours or more per week for at least 3 months to work on-site.
About the job:
- Sleuth out buzz-worthy news, people and events to spread via social networks and inspire compelling content
- Help maintain our social network profiles and grow our current followers (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Write snappy tweets and contribute to the development of The FarmPlate Scoop, our e-newsletter
- Play an integral part in supporting our social media strategy and online marketing campaign
- Plenty of opportunities to make connections and gain professional experience
Think you’ve got what it takes? Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with “Social Media Summer Internship” in the subject line. Also send non-academic writing samples as well as any design and photography samples if applicable.
This is an unpaid internship, however FarmPlate is growing rapidly and there may be opportunities for full time, paid work in the future.