DC Central Kitchen and the Campus Kitchens Project are looking for two summer associates – one in DC and another in Boston, MA. Summer associates will help low-income families access Summer Meals, Community Supported Agriculture projects and Farmer’s Markets, and on gardening initiatives. The term of service is June 22 – August 16, 2011.
- Associates must be at least 18 years of age at the time of placement (June 8)
- Associates must serve on a full-time basis during the project period
- Associates may not have outside employment during the project period
- Associates must not be listed on the National Sex Offenders Public Registry
Terms and Conditions include:
- No outside employment
- Enrollment in classes equivalent to 6 credit hours requires approval from program coordinator; greater than 6 credit hours not permitted
- Governed by the Hatch Act and other legislative pieces applicable to AmeriCorps VISTA members pertaining to political, labor and religious activities
- Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week for entire duration of the eight week program.
AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate member Benefits:
- A living allowance for the time served, which is equal to the amount received by full-year members serving in the same area
- A $1,174.60 Eli Segal AmeriCorps Education Award from the National Service Trust, OR a $125/month summer stipend to be paid after successful completion of the program
- To determine end of service summer stipend, see calculations below.
- $125 x 12 months = $1,500.00 for a full year
- $1,500/365 days = $4.11 per day
- $4.11 x days served = amount member to receive at end of service
- $4.11 x 56 days (8 weeks) = $230.16 OR $4.11 x 70 days (10 weeks) = $287.70
- Associates are eligible for Worker’s Compensation under the Federal Employee Compensation and Federal Tort Claims Acts.
- The Income Disregard provisions apply to any Associate who receives government benefits.
Associates do not receive:
- Health care
- Life insurance
- Child care allowances
- Relocation allowances
- Sick or personal/vacation time – holidays are allowable as days off
To Enroll for the DC Central Kitchen (Washington, DC) or Campus Kitchens Project (Boston, MA) positions, please visit https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=40775
Applications will not be accepted later than June 27, 2011.