The Herbfarm Restaurant 425-485-5300 Phone
14590 NE 145th ST 425-424-2925 Fax
Woodinville, WA 98072 www.theherbfarm.com
Join the management team of a AAA Five-Diamond, unique, seasonally oriented restaurant focused on farm-to-table, locally grown, raised, and foraged ingredients serving 9-course themed menus 3-4 nights per week, one seating nightly, all year ’round.
Zagat 28 Food/Service
Farm to Table since 1986
Supervisor Chris Weber, Chef
Create refined desserts, baked goods, breads, and petit fours for a nine-course, prix-fixe themed menu with strong emphasis on local, seasonal, regional ingredients, and of course, herbs! Contributes positive energy and focus in management as well as operations.
Mostly Wednesday through Sunday afternoon/evening hours. The first day of each week is usually our “prep day” which is a day time shift. Present during most dinner services-usually Thursdays through Sundays. Must enjoy working as part of a team/family in a professional, organized and clean environment. Menus are created for each theme through an open team process. The menu reflects the theme as well as the season and the herbs. Humor is always good. Constant communication, feedback, teamwork essential for success. Open kitchen so it must always be in order—calm, pleasant, and immaculate. In season weekly visits to our farm as well as local farmer’s markets. Responsible for daily production of breads (2-3), desserts (usually two), petit-fours, goodbye treat, supporting savory team in pastry aspects as needed, group menu planning, and communication with all restaurant and farm staff. Work with chef for hiring, firing, training of externs and staff in entire kitchen. Public speaking skills to enhance guest experience during nightly menu presentation to dining room. Non a la carte service allows for extraordinary control and precision in each dish. Wood-oven bread baking experience a plus.
- 5+ years restaurant experience (at least 2 in fine dining)
- 2+ years of pastry experience in commercial kitchen
- Expertise and talent in pastry, desserts, and chocolate work.
- A student of food, wine, and dining forever
- Formal culinary education or equivalent apprenticeship
- Appreciation of fresh herbs and cooking from the garden.
- 2+ years Supervisory/Management experience
- Bread baking skills would be helpful
- Wood oven cookery/baking experience also helpful
- Team oriented worker
- Be able to openly receive and constructively give input and feedback on food, behavior, and all manner of daily dealings
- Must enjoy fine dining
- Enjoy providing ultimate dining experiences to discerning guests.
- Daily striving for perfection of every detail
- Stamina, energy, good vibes
- Absolutely dependable
- Organized and tidy worker
- Quick/willing learner
- Non Smoker
Benefits and Compensation
Pay: Market Rate, Depends on Experience
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. Good Health Pay. Paid Vacation. 401K plan. Travel/Dining/Education Allowance. Discounts: Wine, Gifts, Spa, Hotel. Become part of one of North America’s top dining experiences, a place you can feel proud to be a part of.
Please send resume and cover letter to Chris Weber, Chris@theherbfarm.com. We will contact you to complete an application after we review all resumes.