Starting Date: as soon as possible
Nuestro Huerto, an urban farm located in Worcester’s Main South neighborhood, is in its second season. Its mission is to bring locally grown, safe, nutritious food to neighborhood residents in need through donation and low-cost sales.
Last year’s produce from the farm was donated to a neighborhood food pantry and to volunteers. This year, the farm is undergoing a major expansion, and 50% of the produce will be donated, 50% will be sold to local food vendors, farmers markets or residents at an affordable rate.
- 10-20 hours a week, schedule flexible
- Assist in typical farm/urban garden work such as weeding, watering, planting and harvesting
- Spearhead grant research and writing for the farm
- Network with local cultural, religious or social organizations to expand social outreach and establish partnerships
- Grant research/writing experience
- Interest in building alternative economies and improving local food systems
- Ability to communicate professionally and express the mission of the farm
- This internship is unpaid, hours can be earned through the Worcester Time trade and volunteers and
interns may take home produce as it becomes available
- The intern will gain experience in the technical and socio-political sides of urban farming in a Worcester context
- Self-driven initiatives are welcomed—this is an opportunity to jump right in and get involved in a burgeoning initiative and thriving movement while developing professional skills
Questions, resumes and cover letters can be sent to
Please visit our website at: http://senergysm.com/NuestroHuerto/home.html