FarmPlate is a dynamic early-stage business based in Hanover, NH, dedicated to sustainable eating. We’re looking for a photo-savvy summer intern to assist with photo research, editing and organization to help make our site (launching this summer) shine. The intern will play an essential role in helping to create a dynamic online community of farmers, fisherman, food artisans, restaurants, markets and eaters everywhere who love real foods.
About the Job:
- Assist with photo research for the website, blog and e-newsletters
- Catalogue, organize and track all photo submissions and in-house generated photos
- Crop, re-size and insert copyright on photos to be published
- Maintain and grow FarmPlate’s Flickr stream, an online photo album
- Stellar organizational skills
- Self-motivated, independent and driven
- Super resourceful and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Have completed at least one year of college/university
- Hungry to be part of a high-energy team passionate about real foods
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Previous photo editing experience through prior internships, work and/or school required. Familiarity with digital photography and file types is required, and the ability to use Photoshop, InDesign and Illustration is preferred. A demonstrated love of food and sustainable agriculture is a plus.
This is a flexible internship. We will consider full-time and part-time candidates but we ask that you can commit 2-3 days each week to working in our Hanover office. Depending on your experience, a stipend may be available. FarmPlate is growing rapidly and there may also be opportunities for full-time, paid work in the future.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photo Summer Internship” in the subject line. Also please send design and photography samples.