The United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food,
Olivier De Schutter (Professor, University of Louvain (UCL), Belgium) is looking for a
COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT (M / F)
Part-time (75%) for a period of min. 20 months
Since May 2008, Prof. Olivier De Schutter is the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food. Among his tasks, the Special Rapporteur is expected:
- To promote the full realization of the right to food and the adoption of measures at the national, regional and international levels for the realization of the right to food.
- To present recommendations on possible steps with a view to achieving progressively the full realization of the right to food.
- To work in close cooperation with all States, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as with other relevant actors.
Assume and strengthen external communication of the UN Special Rapporteur for the Right to Food, in collaboration with his team.
– Prepare communication tools targeting various audiences (press releases, op-eds, mailings, video-messages …) and disseminate it at key moments.
– Manage press relations: proactive and reactive contacts (phone / e-mail), continuous extension of a targeted media list.
– Update and develop the website www.srfood.org and its electronic newsletter.
– Develop databases of relevant target audiences.
– Translate short texts to French and English (Spanish is a plus).
– Contribution to various research tasks for the mandate, depending upon experience.
Skills and qualifications:
– University degree, higher education or relevant professional experience.
– Professional experience in the field of communication.
– Experience in the field of food security or international relations.
– Fluent in English, excellent knowledge of French. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
– Excellent writing skills in English and in French.
– Ability to work independently and in a team.
– Rigor, proactivity, autonomy.
– Interest in multimedia. Easy use of website management software (Joomla), e-mail, Word.
– Interest in promoting the right to food.
Brussels / Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium).
1st September 2011.
CV and motivation letter should be sent by email or by post before 14 June 2011 to:
Collège Thomas More
Place Montesquieu 2
E-mail : email@example.com
Candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application within 2 weeks