TEDxManhattan is pleased to launch the TEDxManhattan Challenge – we challenge you to work with a group of people in your community on a project related to sustainable food and farming. Start a garden at a senior center; start a farmers market; develop a cooking class at your child’s school; create a Food Policy Council in your city. Be creative!
Let us know what you’re doing to change the way you eat in your community – the project deemed the most impactful will win the opportunity to speak live on the 2012 TEDxManhattan stage.
- You can develop a new project or work on an already existing one. The judges will be looking for impact, not size, so develop a project that will have a positive impact in some part of your community.
- You must work with other people in your community. (You can define community as you see fit.)
- You must register your project at www.tedxmanhattan.org/challenge.
- You must create a name for your project.
- Applications must be received by October 15, 2011.
- Your project does not have to be completed by the end of the year, but you must have had some type of impactful result from your work by that time.
- A number of finalists will be chosen by November 1, 2011. Finalists will be required to send a follow-up report by November 15, 2011. Winner will be announced early December.
- The project deemed the most impactful will be given at least three minutes onstage at the TEDxManhattan 2012 event. Only one person can speak from stage.
- Everyone who applies agrees to have their information on the TEDxManhattan website and gives TEDxManhattan permission to publicize/promote the projects underway.
For more information, please visit: www.tedxmanhattan.org/challenge