Farm Description: Stillman’s at the Turkey Farm is a diversified, artisan farm specializing in grass-fed and pastured, chemical free meat and poultry products. The farm produces beef, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey and eggs for farm to consumer sales in the Boston area at farmers’ markets and through the farm’s CSA programs.
General Decription: The farm is seeking a highly motivated, and responsible self starter to manage and coordinate the farm’s extensive farmers’ market and retail program. We seek an individual skilled in customer relations and who is enthusiastic about farm to consumer sales. The potential applicants should have retail experience as well as a passion for sustainable agriculture and local food. Farm experience not required, but will be considered a plus!
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Drive the farm truck to and from the farmers’ markets
· Be responsible for all packing, loading and unloading of the farm truck
· Set-up and break down of the farm stall at the market
· Supervision of the farm crew
· Coordinate and facilitate farmers’ market sales
· Manage customer interactions and potential farm networks and contacts
· Generate, organize and distribute farm orders
· General sales of farm products
· Actively engage customers and answer questions and discuss farm and product related questions with customers and members.
· Packing and un-packing of farm truck at the farm
· Manage all general daily operations of the farm at the markets
· Be familiar with sustainable agriculture topics and local food matters
· Maintain and be responsible for the appearance of the farm stall
· Create and coordinate schedule and farm crew
Must be well organized
Possess a good work ethic, and demonstrate the ability to work in a timely and diligent manner
Present a professional, clean, and approachable appearance
Have excellent communication skills
Be representative of the farm.
Excel in facilitating sales, and corresponding with customers, chefs and interested farm supporters
Be capable of the daily operations of the farm’s market stall
Be prepared to work in all weather conditions.
Must be prepared to show a strong physical work ethic
Be capable of lifting 50lbs repeatedly throughout the day’s work: loading and unloading farm trucks
The job requires hours per day spent standing & on your feet.
The position requires a minimum commitment of 3-4 days per week, and 1 weekend day,
A work day averages 10-12 hours including driving.
Position time is currently from June through December
There is potential for this to become a year round position.
Must possess a valid drivers’ license and show evidence of a good driving record.
Applicants must be able to drive large farm trucks.
On average, the job includes 3-4 hours of daily driving.
Must like to work autonomously
Be willing to work independently as well as with a farm sales crew
Manage when necessary
Interested applicants should send a resume including two references to:
561 Thresher Rd, PO Box 373, Hardwick, MA 01037