The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy (ALBC), a national non-profit conservation organization located in Pittsboro, NC, is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join its team as the Membership Services Manager. The Membership Services Manager will coordinate and grow ALBC’s membership services. The position will combine both creative and administrative skills to serve over 3,000 active ALBC members while serving the needs of ALBC’s ever-growing membership base. The Membership Services Manager will be an integral part of ALBC’s Development Team, helping to grow ALBC’s membership base and fundraising capacity. The position will also be part of the marketing and communications team and will be supervised by the Marketing and Communications Director. The Membership Services Manager will be the first point of contact for ALBC members interacting with the organization.
The Membership Services Manager will be responsible for the production of several key member communications.
- Produce the ALBC News, ALBC’s bi-monthly, 20-page member newsletter
- Produce the annual Breeders and Products Directory and maintain the online version of the directory.
- Produce monthly member E-Newsletter.
- Manage advertising sales for all ALBC member publications.
- Produce membership acquisition materials helping ALBC to expand its member base.
The Membership Services Manager will be responsible for the information management required for a successful membership program.
- Serve as first point of contact for members and membership inquirers
- Track and report on membership acquisition and retention
- Enter member and donor information and updates into the database
- Receive and process checks and donations and enter into the database
- Send new member packets, info packets, and process orders
- Manage the ALBC promotion display schedule, shipping to members as needed.
- Four-year degree required. Minimum two years of experience in marketing, communications, membership services, or customer-service oriented position.
- Commitment to the mission and values of ALBC
- Strong command of the English language; excellent writing and editing skills
- Good communication skills for interacting with members and potential members
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web browsing, and email skills
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively but also implement ideas; a “thinker” and a “do-er”
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Competitive salary based on experience.
The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about ALBC, visit www.albc-usa.org.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail applications to:
PO Box 477
Pittsboro, NC 27312
No phone calls please.