The NOFA-NJ Board of Trustees is seeking a committed and dynamic Executive Director to build on its more than 25-year history of promoting organic and sustainable agriculture throughout the state of New Jersey. This person will lead an expanding organization into the next phase of assistance, education and advocacy for New Jersey state farmers, gardeners, and consumers. S/he will engage the board, staff, supporters and other external stakeholders to raise visibility, develop collaborations, and attract the financial and other resources required to ensure programmatic and financial sustainability and growth. Through collaborations and team building with staff, board and partners, the Executive Director’s initial priorities will be to:
- Develop, strengthen and/or leverage partnerships with the community and government agencies, institutions of higher education, local education and other community leaders, other nonprofit organizations, corporations, foundations, and other stakeholders;
- Develop and implement a fund development plan to increase earned and contributed revenue in order to maintain excellence in educational programs, community outreach, technical assistance, and organizational infrastructure;
- Work in partnership with the Board of Trustees to strengthen its capacity to govern strategically and effectively; to participate actively in efforts to generate financial and other resources; and to act as ambassadors for the organization throughout the community;
- Build on the success of the Beginning Farmer program by planning for growth of the incubator program, managing existing contracts and leveraging additional funding;
- Create and implement a dynamic marketing and public relations plan and leverage the internal and external resources necessary to implement it successfully;
- Work with staff to carry out long-term goals efficiently and cost effectively, and that engage and support volunteers.
Please visit www.nofanj.org for job requirements and more information.
TO APPLY: Email resume, cover letter indicating salary requirements, three references and a writing sample prior to August 1, 2011, to Pat Huizing, Interim Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about NOFA-NJ visit our website at www.nofanj.org.