Position Available: Immediately
The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) works at the intersection of policy and practice to ensure fair and sustainable food, farm and trade systems, locally and globally. IATP has offices in Minneapolis and Washington. This position is based in Minneapolis.
IATP seeks an experienced and engaged full-time Vice President of Finance and Operations to work with our diverse programs and dynamic staff. This position will oversee and manage both financial and general operational infrastructure.
- Provide stability, leadership and integrity
- Oversee financial operations
- Manage the day to day financial operations, including supervising the finance assistant
- Develop and manage budgets for all programs and organization
- Work with program directors and management team on budget and cash flow management
- Prepare all financial reports for board, development, management, and programs
- Lead annual audit
- Build and maintain banking and investment relationships
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent statutes and regulations in the US and abroad
- Staff endowment committee and monitor all investments
- Review and approve letters of agreement, contracts, leases, loans, mortgage
- Procure and maintain appropriate insurance in the US and abroad
- Oversee financial and legal relationship with Peace Coffee, IATP’s for-profit subsidiary
- Bachelors degree in accounting, financial management or related field
- At least 5 years experience as a finance director in a non-profit or similar organization
- Highly organized and extreme attention to detail
- Possess high standards of professionalism and integrity
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Leadership skills, experience and qualities
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively to a diverse group of people
- Knowledge of 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4) and for-profit intersections a plus
- Commitment to the mission of the organization
- Understanding of and support for IATP’s perspectives generally
- Familiarity with IATP’s issues a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications. IATP offers good health insurance, vacation and sick leave benefits, employer match of 403b contributions by eligible employees, and a lively, collegial work environment.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to HR Director at email@example.com by July 12, 2011. Finalists will undergo a background check.
IATP is an equal opportunity employer. We actively encourage people of color to apply for this position and all positions at IATP. This job description is posted on http://www.iatp.org/iatp/jobs.cfm