Status: Part time or Full time
The Good Food Festival Intern will support FamilyFarmed.org and our Trade Show Manager in planning and executing the Santa Monica Good Food Festival September 14 – 18, 2011. Position to last through October 1, 2011 at a minimum. While this is an unpaid position, we will work with you to obtain school credit.
FamilyFarmed.org is an Oak Park based non-‐profit organization that works to build local food systems. We connect local farmers with trade buyers and consumers through our FamilyFarmed EXPO, market development activities, and local food systems programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Arrange and support travel and hotel accommodations for event management team and VIP guests.
2. Access local hotel room availability in Santa Monica, arranging room discounts, and periodic inventory updates to potential attendees.
3. Assist management team with ticketing and ticket website.
4. Support Registration Coordinator with preparing lists and collecting names for attendance passes.
5. General operational support for event management team.
6. Assist in the improvement and implementation of organization’s overall event production strategy
7. Assist in core event production and operational functions, including:
a. Production schedule, locating resources, and customer communications
b. Refining and updating website content
c. Assist in research to identify suppliers and money-‐saving ways to provide services
d. Help identify new areas of production assistance through online research
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
FamilyFarmed.org is a progressive and entrepreneurial non-‐profit food systems development organization. Strong familiarity with and passion for the Good Food Movement and event management desired. Also seeking candidates who possess the following attributes:
• Initiative, integrity, time management, and organizational skills
• Creative, entrepreneurial, and proactive work style
• Excellent verbal and written communications as well as interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well both alone and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-‐paced, non-‐profit environment
• Event and registration management/support experience
• Administrative/secretarial/office management experience
Good Food Festival Intern will gain:
• Direct experience supporting the planning and execution of a high-‐profile event
• Trade Show/Exposition industry/Show Management experience
• Creative growth potential from working for an entrepreneurial non-‐profit
• Opportunity to network with experienced professionals in the good food, agricultural, and trade show industries
Part-‐time or full-‐time position available. Hours are flexible, and will be scheduled to accommodate school and other commitments. Preference will be given to candidates who can commit through September 18, 2011 at a minimum, with October 1, 2011 preferred.
To be considered for the position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include Good Food Festival Internship in the subject line. Your cover letter must include:
1. Your most relevant paid and unpaid work experience as it pertains to the above duties and skills
2. How your event management work or education experience can help the organization build local food systems.
3. Why you want to work at FamilyFarmed.org and how your unique contribution will benefit the organization
4. Online communication tools in which you are proficient (for example, e-‐mail programs, website management software, and social media tools)