Status: Part time or Full time
The Marketing Intern will support FamilyFarmed.org in general marketing and event marketing efforts. Position to last through October 1, 2011 at a minimum. While this is an unpaid position, we will work with you to obtain school credit.
FamilyFarmed.org is an Oak Park based non-‐profit organization that works to build local food systems. We connect local farmers with trade buyers and consumers through our FamilyFarmed EXPO, market development activities, and local food systems programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the review and improvement of organization’s overall marketing strategy, to include online and social media components (websites, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
2. Support the development and implementation of an overall marketing plan.
3. Support the development and implementation of event-‐specific and project-‐specific marketing plans, primarily the September 14-‐18 Santa Monica Good Food Festival.
4. Assist in developing metrics and analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics, assist in compiling data for and providing regular evaluation reports to staff.
5. Assist staff in brainstorming strategies and content, and developing and implementing communication plans for outreach
• Assist in core communication and outreach functions, including newsletters, multi-media resources, and stakeholder communications
• Support the refinement and augmentation of content on websites to target key stakeholder groups
• Assist in research to identify topics and draft postings for social media and electronic marketing
• Help identify new areas for online outreach
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
FamilyFarmed.org is a progressive and entrepreneurial non-‐profit food systems development organization. Strong familiarity with and passion for the Good Food Movement and event marketing desired. Also seeking candidates who possess the following attributes:
• Initiative, integrity, time management, and organizational skills
• Creative, entrepreneurial, and proactive work style
• Metrics-‐minded and strategic with analytical skill sets
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation, and inter-‐personal skills
• Substantial experience with online marketing tools required
• Ability to work well both alone and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-‐paced, non-‐profit environment
• Please submit examples of your marketing work (i.e. blog, brochure, website, online posting, etc.)
Marketing Intern will gain:
• Direct experience supporting the creation and execution of high-‐level marketing and communications strategies
• Creative growth potential from working for an entrepreneurial non-‐profit
• Opportunity to network with experienced professionals in the good food, agricultural, and trade show industries
Part-‐time or full-‐time position available. Hours are flexible, and will be scheduled to accommodate school and other commitments. Preference will be given to candidates who can commit through September 18, 2011 at a minimum, with October 1, 2011 preferred. Preference also given to candidates who are available for onsite work in Santa Monica Sept 14-‐18, 2011.
To be considered for the position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Marketing Internship in the subject line. Your cover letter must include:
1. Your most relevant paid and unpaid work experience as it pertains to the above duties and skills
2. Online/media tools in which you are proficient (for example, e-‐mail marketing programs, website management software, and social media tools)
3. Why you want to work at FamilyFarmed.org and how your unique contribution will benefit the organization