Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) with benefits
(Overall) Seed House Manager
(Customer Service portion of year) Customer Service Coordinator
(Gardens Support portion of year) Seed Inventory Manager
Purpose: To assist with growing customer service needs, and facilitate efficient production of commercial seed varieties.
- Phone Answering: This is the number one priority. Mailed/faxed orders and emails can wait, the phone calls take priority.
- Order Entry: Enter orders received via phone/mail/fax/email. Contact customers as needed regarding orders.
- Data entry: Assist with various data entry tasks; such as, merging customer databases, entering/changing documents/customer lists, etc.
- Basic Customer Service and support: Being knowledgeable about the Seed Savers Exchange mission, assisting members and customers with questions they may have and responding in a timely manner (via mail, email, phone, etc.).
- Other duties. Perform additional duties as directed by the supervisor, manager or Executive Director.
- Support garden activities as needed – planting, maintaining, harvesting, processing.
- Support seasonal product activities as needed – garlic, transplants, potatoes.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor, manager or Executive Director.
(Customer Service) Applicant must possess good computer knowledge, excellent attention to detail, and strong organizational skills. Must also have a good telephone presence and customer service skills. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
(Gardens Support) Applicant must be an enthusiastic team player, and flexible to work between the various commercial seed initiatives as needs fluctuate. Prior garden experience and/or education in related field preferred. Some aspects of the position will involve considerable physical activity including lifting, and other motion related to general garden maintenance. Willingness to work outside during hot, cold or wet conditions as needed.
Seed Savers Exchange is an equal opportunity employer. This is a full time permanent position with paid holidays and vacation, excellent medical/dental coverage and retirement plan. Salary to be based upon experience. Please send or fax resumes.
For more information about Seed Savers Exchange Please visit our website at www.seedsavers.org
Send Resume to: email@example.com or FAX 563-382-6511
Please write Customer Service /Garden support in subject line