The Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association announces an immediate opening for a Certification Specialist. We are interested in candidates with experience with certified organic livestock.
The Certification Specialist will provide support to OEFFA Certification by conducting extensive review of applications submitted by organic growers and processors. The Certification Specialist will also provide technical assistance to these clients and assist them in maintaining compliance with the federal organic standards. He or she will participate in policy development and educational programming as well.
• Experience related to organic certification (in a certification program, as a producer, or inspector), including experience with organic livestock management. Applicants who also have experience in processing will be given preference.
• Knowledge of organic regulations and certification procedures
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Exceptional communication and writing skills
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel and Microsoft Word
• Sincere desire to assist organic farmers and processors
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Bachelor degree in a relevant field preferred
• Review client applications and files to verify compliance with the National Organic Program standards
• Provide customer service and technical assistance to new or renewing certification clients
• Handle correspondence, fax, and email communications in a consistently professional manner
• Work on special projects as assigned by the Certification Program Manager
• Stay current with changes in National Organic Program standards
• Help develop and implement OEFFA Certification policies and procedures
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) based in our Columbus, OH office that includes benefits; salary will reflect experience. Remote work locations may be considered for the exceptional candidate. There may be some travel in Ohio.
To Apply: Applications consist of cover letter, résumé, and names of three references (indicate relationship). Electronic applications should be submitted by Monday, July 11th 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, contact Lexie Stoia Pierce at email@example.com or 614-262-2022 x221.
About OEFFA Certification
The Ohio Ecological Food & Farm Association (OEFFA) Certification Program has offered organic certification services to farmers in Ohio and elsewhere for almost thirty years. Since 2002, OEFFA Certification has been accredited by the USDA under the National Organic Program. OEFFA Certification is a sister organization to OEFFA, which was founded in 1979 as a broad-based membership association of farmers, gardeners, and consumers working together to promote sustainable and organic agriculture.