The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) plays a critical role in the organic industry as the leading organization providing professional and transparent independent review of material inputs for use in organic production, handling, and processing. OMRI was founded as a nonprofit organization in 1997 by a partnership of certifiers, the industry, and organizations that have an interest in organic farming.
OMRI publishes its comprehensive list of OMRI Listed® products suitable for use in organic production and other reference information in print and online. Farmers, certifiers, gardeners, and agricultural professionals depend upon the OMRI lists of commercial products and generic materials permitted according to the USDA National Organic Program standards.
Overview of Position: Review Program Administrative Manager
OMRI seeks to fill a vital role in its team with the Review Program Administrative Manager. This position presents a tremendous opportunity to contribute to and participate in upholding the integrity of the organic industry.
We are looking for an organized, focused and technically capable manager for our busy and dynamic input product review program. The Review Program Administrative Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of review program administrative staff, ensuring proper implementation of OMRI policies and administrative review criteria, and supervision of program staff. Additionally, the successful candidate will be able to fully understand applicable regulations and identify and respond appropriately to regulatory changes.
- Thoroughly understand and ensure implementation of OMRI administrative policies and review criteria.
- Manage confidential business information and procedures.
- Oversee fee collection, fee audits, and implementation of fee changes.
- Oversee pre-review of all product applications.
- Work collaboratively with Review Program Technical Manager and Program Director to ensure consistency of pre-reviews with the overall review process.
- Oversee customer service and correspondence for administrative review program staff.
- Provide final approval on document templates or correspondence (i.e. administrative checklists, forms and letter templates) relating to ORP administrative work.
- Stay informed of new developments in regulations and official interpretations.
- Supervise program staff including administering periodic performance reviews, facilitating regular meetings, and coordinating hiring process for any new administrative ORP staff members.
- Act as a back-up Review Coordinator for the OMRI Review Program if qualified.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required; Graduate degree in science or management preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Some proficiency with computer programs (Word, Excel, Access, Internet and email) required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Two or more years of project/personnel management preferred.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment preferred.
- Knowledge of organic industry and applicable regulations preferred.
- Proven success supervising and managing a team.
- Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision).
- Small nonprofit organization with established team and demonstrated commercial success.
- Opportunities for training and coursework.
- Possible travel.
- Casual, fun work environment.
For more information, please view the complete job description.
Application Packet Must Include:
- A complete chronological resume
- Names and contact information for 4 references.
- A cover letter
- An OMRI Employment Application. Found at http://www.omri.org/jobs/review-program-administrative-manager
To apply, submit the above information to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Review Program Administrative Manager Position” in the subject title by Friday, July 29th at 5:00 pm.. Or mail materials to: OMRI, PO Box 11558, Eugene, OR 97440-3758. Attn: Review Program Administrative Manager Position.
This job description is intended as a guide only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied.