Large Aquaponics/Greenhouse operation located in Trenton, MO is seeking a highly motivated individual to supervise the aquaponics/greenhouse/field vegetable production.
Successful applicant will be responsible for supervision and management of crop production in aquaponics, greenhouse and field environments, including, but not limited to:
- Hiring, training and supervising all related daily activities of the horticulture permanent and/or seasonal personnel.
- Providing technical expertise for day-to day crop production, including determining types and quantities of horticultural plants to be grown, based on budgets and projected sales volumes.
- Assuring that sowing, transplanting, and direct seed planting is carried out in timely manner as to assure vegetable production meets corporate and marketing expectations.
- Developing crop management programs for irrigation, nutrition, and disease and pest control using organic production methods.
- Supporting implementation of new processes, procedures and policies as requested by Corporate.
- Ensuring that necessary monitoring records are daily being maintained for USDA-NOP and GAP certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, Crop Science or other related field of study.
- One to three years of experience related to the position.
- Computer proficiencies including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and define priorities; with the ability to react quickly to changing business needs and provide alternatives.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift and move 75 pounds.
- Particular interest in aquaponics vegetable production.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
- Commensurate with qualifications. Recommendations required. Salary determined by work experience.
CONTACT: Interested applicants please Contact Sue Baird 660-357-2165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.