When: 2011 Fall Harvest Season, Sept – Dec
Commitment: 10-20 hours per week
Recompense: Unpaid as of yet, except in extra produce, experience, and references. This may change depending on grant acquisitions. Come and get to know local farms, farmers, and learn the ropes of a small local non-profit. Our work addresses food security issues, nutrition, and alternative practices in local farming. The scope of the work can be as broad or narrow as your time and interest allows.
• 3-4 gleaning and/or delivery trips per week, including (but not always) weekends; hours are flexible but erratic.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Good driving record & willingness to drive a delivery van.
• Personable and interested in meeting new people.
• Good ability to communicate both by e-mail and verbally
• Interest in and ability to supervise a group of volunteers, to both give and follow specific instructions.
• Able and willing to work farm fields in any conditions.
• Coordinating gleaning trips.
• Improving logistics design of organization.
• Learn lots about small non-profit structure and management.
• Social media use and improvement.
• Grant and newsletter writing.
• Your other related interests!