ASAP is hiring a Program Coordinator for farm outreach and our Appalachian Grown program.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the ASAP Appalachian Grown™ program
- Facilitate the connections between farmers and purchasers of local farm products
- Work with retailers ranging from restaurant owners and chefs, to distributors and large grocery store chains, to institutional markets (hospitals, K-12 schools, etc.)
- Represent ASAP by speaking and appearing at training and networking events
- Work with Local Food Campaign staff to photograph, design, and implement promotional materials and campaigns
- Counsel and assist farms with marketing and basic business planning and implementation
- At least 2 years’ experience and/or training in farming, produce management, or marketing of agricultural products
Deadline to apply is July 21, 2011. Click HERE for application instructions and a full job description.