Commitment: 10-20 hours, Monday-Friday
Salary: This internship is unpaid. However, we are committed to offering our interns ample learning, networking and professional development opportunities.
Red Tomato is a working model of a Food Hub – a coordination, distribution, and marketing hub for the region’s farmers. We market fresh, regional, ecologically-grown fruits and vegetables for a network of 40+ family farms, to millions of consumers, in hundreds of supermarkets and retail stores throughout the Northeast. We also have a robust program of collaborative research with scientists, a strong focus on brand and market development, and a commitment to sharing what we’ve learned with our colleagues in the Good Food Movement. Since 1998, we have pushed the limits of our innovative non-profit marketing and distribution network to bring more food, from more farms, to the widest possible base of consumers. To date, Red Tomato is responsible for sales of over $17 million worth of fresh fruits and vegetables grown on family farms throughout the Northeast.
Responsibilities may include
- Provide research and writing support for Red Tomato website, newsletter, and social media efforts
- Provide support to development efforts, including data entry, research, writing, grant assembling/submission
- Provide trade customer support
- Participate in weekly trade circle meetings, and biweekly staff meetings
- Provide general administrative support including answering phones, emails, data entry, copies, and assembling informational materials.
- You have a passion for local food and sustainable agriculture
- You know, or want to know, the produce industry
- You think logistics are fascinating
- You are tech savvy
- You enjoy the details and have strong focus
Red Tomato is a great place to work! Some of the values we strive to bring to the workplace include:
- Innovation, risk taking and ‘learning by doing’
- Passionate commitment to our vision.
- Respect, honesty and fairness in all of our relationships.
- Joy, cooperation and balance in our work life.
- Inspiration both by and for our partners as we work to make our common vision real in the world.
For information on how to apply, please visit: http://www.redtomato.org/jobs.php